The Diver's Last Resort!
No dues, no commitment fun diving group in St. Louis. All certified divers are welcome.
Come along with our local free diving club to experience all the Midwest has to offer for diving.
The purpose of The Diver’s Last Resort is to keep us diving! Maybe you earned your certification and are thinking, “Now what?”
You have come to the right place. This is YOUR Last Resort.
There are no dues or direct fees to pay to be a member of The Diver’s Last Resort (DLR). Simply stay connected with details for the event you plan to attend, get your gear and come along!
For Most DLR Events:
1. Each diver is responsible for their own transportation.
2. Each diver is Responsible for their own equipment. Anything that you don’t already have for yourself can be rented either at our store or, in some cases, on site. Be sure to call ahead and reserve your equipment for the weekend. First come, first served.
3. While there are no dues to pay, each diver in our group will have to complete the PADI LIABILITY RELEASE AND SAFE DIVERS STATEMENT OF UNDERSTANDING. Divers under the age of 18 must have parent or gaurdien signature. Parent and or gaurdien accompany is required for all minors attending DLR event.
Float and Dive the Jack’s Fork River Near Eminence, Missouri.
We are excited about this weekend of fun, friends, floating and diving! I have put together the below itinerary with some helpful tips and reminders to ensure that everyone is as prepared as possible.
Unless you have made arrangements to stay at a nearby motel or lodge, we will be camping at Alley Springs Campground. Camping. Outdoors. No electricity, tent camping.
You will need to bring appropriate equipment for the campsite including but not limited to:
- Tent, sleeping bag (pillow, blanket, cot, sleeping surface)
- Food (Coolers with water, snacks, and drinks not only for the river but for dinner at the campsite.) Things that are easy to make, can be made ahead of time work the best for quick meals after a long float.
- Make sure to bring plenty of sunscreen and bug spray!
- Bring lanterns, headlamps, flashlights. Things link battery operated fans are also not a bad idea if you have one.
- Camp chairs.
You are allowed to bring your own boats. Kayaks and Canoes. Canoe Rentals are obtained from Windy’s Canoe in Eminence, MO. Midwest Scuba will be arranging the rentals. Each person is responsible for canoe rental payment. Windy’s will shuttle private boats for a fee.
We should have all the firewood we need at the campsite. Ice can be purchased at Harvey’s Canoe Rental nearby or in several stores in Eminence, MO.
Bring all the equipment you need for diving. There will be no air fills, but one tank per person per day will be plenty. A good suit for the float is a 3 mm and hood and maybe a thin pair of gloves bring a suit that is easy to put on and take off the water is spring fed and cool, but you will see plenty of people swimming in the river in just swimsuits. Rentals can be acquired at Midwest Scuba.
campsites are in the first section of the campgrounds as you pull to the right. Campsites are first come, first served, but we will go down extra early to hold spots. 2 – 3 campsites will be all we need as one can easily set up three or four tents on one large campsite.
Midwest Scuba Professional staff will arrive midday Friday. We suggest coming down the night before you plan to float and dive so that you are present and ready early in the morning for the shuttle.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m.
Windy’s Canoe Rental will come by in vans to shuttle us to the Alley Springs River access where we
Will load our boats with gear and go! We will be floating 6 miles from Alley Springs River access to
Eminence, MO (Circle B River access). This is a beautiful section of river to float and will provide plenty of deep holes to check out along the way. We’ll stop and dive when the group agrees on the spot. Same with lunch and other stops.
After the float, Windy’s Canoe Rental will pick us up and shuttle us back to Alley Springs Campground.
Camp, share stories, eat dinner, and rest up for Sunday!
Sunday: 9:00 a.m.
Windy’s Canoe Rental will come by I vans to shuttle us from Alley Springs campground to Eminence, MO (Circle B River access.) where we will load our boats with gear and go! We will be floating from Eminence, MO to a place call, “Two Rivers” which is where the Jack’s Fork flows into the Current River. This is a beautiful section of river to float and will provide plenty of deep holes to check out along the way. We’ll stop and dive when the group agrees on the spot. Same with lunch and other stops.
After the float, Windy’s Canoe Rental will pick us up near Two Rivers and shuttle us back to Alley Springs Campground.
Camp, share stories, eat dinner, spend one last night at Alley Springs Campground.
Pack up! Head out! Drive Safe!
A word of Advice
This trip is more than a “dive trip.” We will be camping. Outdoors. Anyone who is not a particular fan of camping will not enjoy this trip. It is good to have prior experience canoeing and / kayaking.
For more information, call or stop by Midwest Scuba.
Safety not guaranteed.