The A700 CARBON is teamed with the MK25 EVO, widely considered the gold standard in first stage performance, and finishing off this premium air delivery system is a DLC (Diamond-Like Carbon) Black Tech coating.
- Handmade carbon fiber front cover, metal casing and metal valve housing (barrel) make for a rugged second stage able to withstand years of aggressive diving.
- Carbon fiber is extremely lightweight and, unlike metal that can change shape when dropped or struck against a hard object, carbon fiber can resist substantial shocks without damage.
- Metal case construction enables the use of a larger diaphragm inside a compact casing, increasing breathing sensitivity.
- DLC Black Tech coating protects from corrosion and scratches and lends a technical look to the regulator.
- Air balanced second stage smoothes out the inhalation effort when diving at varying depths and supply pressures.
- User controls include a diver-adjustable inhalation effort knob and coaxial Venturi-Initiated Vacuum Assist (VIVA) switch.
- Air balanced piston first stage in a Black Tech-coated brass body delivers consistent and effortless airflow, regardless of depth, tank pressure, or breathing rate.
- With its patented ultra-freeze-resistant Extended Thermal Insulating System (XTIS) the MK25 EVO offers excellent thermal insulation by fully isolating the mechanical elements of the first stage from the cold, all without compromising breathing performance.
- Anti-freeze protection radically increases breathing reliability when diving in the most extreme water temperatures.
- Two opposing high pressure ports allow the first stage to be positioned either up or down.